Admin

View user profile http://inquiryspace.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: What is love?

Post  Boricua on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:45 pm

Love can be explained this way:

Corinthians 13

Love

1. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4. Love is patient, love is kind. Love does not envy, love does not boast, love is not proud. 5. Love is not rude, love is not self-seeking, love is not easily angered, love keeps no record of wrongs. 6. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10. but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

This is what love is really about. If you have all this then you have love, but if you are missing something, then you have nothing.
Boricua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What is Love?

Post  Sadii on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:28 pm

Does one understand what love even really is? does that one person know how it feels in love? even though love is an emotion and a feeling, is it somethign real? what do YOU think what love is? there are many different ways to know what love is and of course to understand it. first of all i'll start by saying love is a deep affectionate that you will beileve towards your significant partner, someone that you can trust and beileve in that they'll hold on to your love forever, someone that you can give the key to your herat, love does not come off of some random streets, it's somethign you acquire after having an affair so long, that one can not live alone with out that significan partner. love is a very very strong word and one finally starts to use the 8 letter word,''i love you'' they have to understnad when it is the right time to say it and how will they say it. do you really think there is love now a days, or is it lust? think to yourself...love is being way overrated now...and there is no such thing of love from my opinion but then again theres otehrs who do think different. but love is something what one feels deep inside themselves, specifically in their hearts, where its a special feeling for just that specail person only...something so strong that a bond is only there and can not even break apart unless trust is betrayed...
Sadii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:28 pm

Sadii wrote:Love is something what one feels deep inside themselves, specifically in their hearts, where its a special feeling for just that specail person only...something so strong that a bond is only there and can not even break apart unless trust is betrayed...

If it can be so easily broken, and thus cause pain, why have it at all? Or is it even possible to have, if people are so cynical?
Eclipse
Intro 8am

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/electricboa

Back to top Go down

Post  Boricua on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:34 am

Eclipse wrote:
Sadii wrote:Love is something what one feels deep inside themselves, specifically in their hearts, where its a special feeling for just that specail person only...something so strong that a bond is only there and can not even break apart unless trust is betrayed...

If it can be so easily broken, and thus cause pain, why have it at all? Or is it even possible to have, if people are so cynical?

When there is true love as I explained above, even if "trust" is broken or betrayed, the person being the victim would ultimately forgive the other person.

As it's said: 4..."love is not easily angered, love keeps no record of wrongs"...
Boricua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:39 am

Boricua wrote:
Eclipse wrote:

When there is true love as I explained above, even if "trust" is broken or betrayed, the person being the victim would ultimately forgive the other person.

As it's said: 4..."love is not easily angered, love keeps no record of wrongs"...

Still, why should someone forgive? The other person obviously doesn't care about their feelings if they betrayed them. It seems to me that love would be very naive if they forgive so easily.
Eclipse
Intro 8am

Back to top Go down

Post  Boricua on Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:53 pm

Eclipse wrote:
Boricua wrote:
Eclipse wrote:

Still, why should someone forgive? The other person obviously doesn't care about their feelings if they betrayed them. It seems to me that love would be very naive if they forgive so easily.

Its not that love is naive, is that love is pure. And love being pure it doesn't keep grudges and forgives, even if someone betrays it. That is true love.
Boricua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:18 pm

That doesn't seem to fit with humanity. How can such a violent race have such a pure thing?
Eclipse
Intro 8am

Back to top Go down

Post  Boricua on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:00 pm

Eclipse wrote:That doesn't seem to fit with humanity. How can such a violent race have such a pure thing?

That's the thing, love is pure in it self, and when you truly love someone, the way it most be, there is no place for violence and anger and all that evilness in your heart or towards that person. Now, the person that betrayed the other, obviously doesn't love the other person fully, that's why they committed that.
Boricua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:05 pm

By that definition, there can be no love, as everyone fights sometimes.
Eclipse
Intro 8am

Back to top Go down

Post  Boricua on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:43 pm

Eclipse wrote:By that definition, there can be no love, as everyone fights sometimes.

We can have disagreements, but if a party do love each other the way it must be, that will not be a problem
Boricua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:05 am

Perhaps, I can see that, but love must be pretty rare, then. There are so few couples like that.
Eclipse
Intro 8am

Back to top Go down

Post  Boricua on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:52 am

Eclipse wrote:Perhaps, I can see that, but love must be pretty rare, then. There are so few couples like that.

That's true. In the society that we live in today, lust is now called love. That's why there is so many people getting divorce now than ever before in history.
Boricua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:20 pm

Boricua wrote:
Eclipse wrote:Perhaps, I can see that, but love must be pretty rare, then. There are so few couples like that.

That's true. In the society that we live in today, lust is now called love. That's why there is so many people getting divorce now than ever before in history.

But is there anything inherently wrong with lust? It's just another emotion. Or is there a negative stigma around it for some other reason? Nature runs on desire, not love. Of procreation, not happiness.
Eclipse
Intro 8am

Back to top Go down

Post  ILoveInquiry on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:45 pm

I think that somebody who has had a joyful experience would want to have more joyful experiences - they would want to make such experiences a part of their life. I also think that a person who experiences love will want to make that experience a part of their life. And, I think that there are degrees of joy and love. Momentary joys, I think, are not as beneficial as long-term joys (for instance, the joy experienced from eating a piece of chocolate is not as beneficial as the joy experienced from learning to appreciate music). The same, I'd say, applies for love - lust would be a momentary form that is not as profound as true love. Those are some of my thoughts - what does everybody else think?
ILoveInquiry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:46 am

This is a very hard concept to define because in the end I don't truly know. I'll just try to explain myself through examples of what I think love is.
Love is to understand, to have feelings of joyous and *heartache. To have compassion towards something or someone, and harbor it deep inside your mind and heart.
I have love for art, and always have. In moments that I'm feeling upset, or just annoyed I take it to drawing to take me into a whole other world. In this fashion, that is why I love art. It helps me out through the toughest of times. Although sometimes drawing can give me heartaches because I am expressing myself, and the subconscious thoughts that I try to lock away.
As for feeling love towards a human being, its being able to express not only physically but mentally. To be able to understand and relate to a person. To know that without this person you aren't complete, because we aren't built to be loners.(This is just my belief. We all need someone to share that deep feeling of love, rather than something like love for a sibling or parent. Since even the dawn of time cave men even had their mates.) Without a significant other there will always be a missing piece in your life that you will always try to fill up. Although as most of us know, with love comes heartaches. We all can't agree every time with our significant other, and that's where sometimes we may harm one another in the process. Fights happen, and its like a pattern. If you love someone you will be able to brush it off because you also have to understand what perspective they are coming from. You'll have to logically look at it their way, although you may not agree with it. There's no sense in just deepening the wounds of the fight. So you make up, and carry on with your relationship.

Embarassed
I think with love you feel both joyous and heartaches sensations. To me it's like a trial and error, it isn't only filled with the happy feelings. It's like a two in one emotion.

(*Heartaches = pain, sadness. My definition for it.)
Ebony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What is LOVE ?

Post  The Torch on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:43 pm

WHAT IS LOVE?

YES !! I am steadfast in my belief and Faith in Love. But, what is LOVE ? To answer that question we must no what Love is not ... Love is not envyous , LOve is not self-seeking , LOVE is not "taking" , Love is not proud , Love is not easily angered , LOve is not easy , LOve is not Cheap , Love does not keep a record of wrongs , Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth . Love always protects, LOve always trusts , LOVE always hopes , LOVE always perseveres , LOVE is pure , LOVE is life, LOVE is the strongest force in the Heavens . LOVE is the only thing that can make a person deny and put to death all there selfish desires in the hopes that one day they can truly bask in its warm embrace.
What is LOVE ? LOVE is GOD
"For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He gave up His only begotten Son, so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal and everlasting life. John 3:16
GOT LOVE ?

The Torch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:03 am

The Torch wrote:WHAT IS LOVE?

YES !! I am steadfast in my belief and Faith in Love. But, what is LOVE ? To answer that question we must no what Love is not ... Love is not envyous , LOve is not self-seeking , LOVE is not "taking" , Love is not proud , Love is not easily angered , LOve is not easy , LOve is not Cheap , Love does not keep a record of wrongs , Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth . Love always protects, LOve always trusts , LOVE always hopes , LOVE always perseveres , LOVE is pure , LOVE is life, LOVE is the strongest force in the Heavens . LOVE is the only thing that can make a person deny and put to death all there selfish desires in the hopes that one day they can truly bask in its warm embrace.
What is LOVE ? LOVE is GOD
"For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He gave up His only begotten Son, so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal and everlasting life. John 3:16
GOT LOVE ?

So if "god" is love, you probably should say something in the "god" area to prove the existance of a "god," as I've yet to hear a logical arguement for a "god."

Just for the record, isn't is far more likely that Mary had an affair and just claimed Jesus was a "miracle" to pacify her gullible husband?
Eclipse
Intro 8am

Back to top Go down

Love

Post  Cristy21 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Love is something that you share with people you are around and the person that you are married to.Love makes you feel so happy and you will do prtotect anyone that you love. It can bring two people together and they end up sharing eternity together. Love gives you strength and hope in a relationship and gives you the power to feel. Love is a feeling that just makes you so happy and giggly all the time and when you have love in your life nothing else can break you down.

Cristy21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down