Inquiry Space
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you be very religious withought going to church every sunday?

3 posters

Go down

Can you be very religious withought going to church every sunday? Empty Can you be very religious withought going to church every sunday?

Post  swt3mily Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:32 pm

I have come to realize that i don't have time to go to church every sunday. Either because of work or whatever reason. Can I still call myself really religious?

swt3mily

Back to top Go down

Can you be very religious withought going to church every sunday? Empty Re: Can you be very religious withought going to church every sunday?

Post  Eclipse Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:49 pm

swt3mily wrote:I have come to realize that i don't have time to go to church every sunday. Either because of work or whatever reason. Can I still call myself really religious?

I see not particular resaon for religion at all, your sunday is better spent on more meaningful ventures. Mind you, not all religions delegate Sunday as a significant day, that's mostly Judeo-Christian.
Eclipse
Eclipse
Intro 8am

https://www.youtube.com/user/electricboa

Back to top Go down

Can you be very religious withought going to church every sunday? Empty Re: Can you be very religious withought going to church every sunday?

Post  Rombat Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:52 pm

swt3mily wrote:I have come to realize that i don't have time to go to church every sunday. Either because of work or whatever reason. Can I still call myself really religious?

Depends on your definition of religious. If by religious you mean following the teachings and practice of a religion based on faith as best you can than yes, if you can't make it to Church you'll just have to go and repent the next time you're free. If you mean following EVERY tenet EXACTLY (except where explicitly noted that you're allowed to not follow it) than no, you're a blasphemer, and have disgraced your faith.

I think most of us have moved past the 1600's-1800's view expressed by the second definition and can safely say you could still consider yourself a very religious person.
Rombat
Rombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Rombat wrote:

Depends on your definition of religious. If by religious you mean following the teachings and practice of a religion based on faith as best you can than yes, if you can't make it to Church you'll just have to go and repent the next time you're free. If you mean following EVERY tenet EXACTLY (except where explicitly noted that you're allowed to not follow it) than no, you're a blasphemer, and have disgraced your faith.

I think most of us have moved past the 1600's-1800's view expressed by the second definition and can safely say you could still consider yourself a very religious person.

Would that make him more spiritual, or is there a distinction between spiritualism and religious?
Eclipse
Eclipse
Intro 8am

Back to top Go down

Post  Rombat Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:01 pm

Eclipse wrote:
Rombat wrote:

Would that make him more spiritual, or is there a distinction between spiritualism and religious?

Many Christian's who don't follow the rules and traditions of Christianity strictly call themselves more "spiritual than religious". So yes, it's a way of putting it.
Rombat
Rombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:17 pm

Rombat wrote:
Eclipse wrote:
Rombat wrote:

Many Christian's who don't follow the rules and traditions of Christianity strictly call themselves more "spiritual than religious". So yes, it's a way of putting it.

If they don't follow the "rules and traditions of Christianity strictly," are they really Christians?
Eclipse
Eclipse
Intro 8am

Back to top Go down

Post  Rombat Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Ya, it has something to do with how Jesus freed us from all that stuff.
Rombat
Rombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:23 pm

Rombat wrote:Ya, it has something to do with how Jesus freed us from all that stuff.

What "stuff?"
Eclipse
Eclipse
Intro 8am

Back to top Go down

Post  Rombat Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:24 pm

Eclipse wrote:
Rombat wrote:Ya, it has something to do with how Jesus freed us from all that stuff.

What "stuff?"

The older rules and tradition.
Rombat
Rombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Rombat wrote:
Eclipse wrote:

What "stuff?"

Just to replace them with a new set of rules and traditions?
Eclipse
Eclipse
Intro 8am

Back to top Go down

Post  Rombat Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:27 pm

Eclipse wrote:
Rombat wrote:
Eclipse wrote:

What "stuff?"

I guess. I don't know. Go wiki it, I'm sure it's there. It's been a little while since I read it.
Rombat
Rombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:29 pm

Rombat wrote:
Eclipse wrote:
Rombat wrote:
Eclipse wrote:

What "stuff?"

I guess. I don't know. Go wiki it, I'm sure it's there. It's been a little while since I read it.

That's my point. Why do you follow those rules and traditions? Is it only because you were raised that way, or did you make a conscious decision to believe what you believe and why?
Eclipse
Eclipse
Intro 8am

Back to top Go down

Post  Rombat Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:55 pm

Eclipse wrote:
Rombat wrote:
Eclipse wrote:
Rombat wrote:
Eclipse wrote:

What "stuff?"

That's my point. Why do you follow those rules and traditions? Is it only because you were raised that way, or did you make a conscious decision to believe what you believe and why?

My guess would be how you were introduced to it, either by raising or choice. I don't know, I don't consider myself either Razz
Rombat
Rombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum